By Pope John Paul II
- Prayer and Fasting Are Weapons of Peace. Zenit News Service. March 5, 2003.
- State of the World Address to the Diplomatic Corps Jan 13, 2003.
- To Fight Terrorism, Go to Its Root Cause. Zenit News Report. Sept. 8, 2002.
Message for the Celebration of the World Day of Peace 1 January 2000, in which the Holy Father asserted "War is a defeat for humanity."
- Hawks, Doves and Pope John Paul II, by Drew Christiansen, SJ. America August 12, 2002.
- Peacemaking and the Use of Force: Behind the Pope's Stringent Just-War Teaching, by Drew Christiansen, SJ America for May 15, 1999.
- Are we really serious when we ask God to deliver us from war? The Catechism and the challenge of Pope John Paul II, by William L. Portier. Communio: International Catholic Review Spring 1996.